The quick update, I opted for 2 more chemo infusions, July 28th and Aug. 4th. They will map my radiation on August 19th, and start radiation on Labor Day. Radiation will be 5 days a week for 6 or 6 1/2 weeks.
For the longer update, continue reading.
Two days after my last post, we received the update on the brachial plexus area--the more complicated, inoperable area affecting my arm and hand usage. That tumor/area had not shrunken as much, which was disappointing. It is hard to measure, since it is so intertwined with the nervs and muscles. We are hopeful that radiation will shrink it.
We had planned to be finished with chemo, but when they went over the radiation timeline, it was going to interfere with a trip we had planned--spending a week with our newest grandbaby (more on that exciting news below). So I volunteered for a bonus round of chemo, to buy more time preparing for radiation.
Over these past few weeks a lot has happened! We welcomed Summer Grace Tenney to the family. I'll share Heath's Facebook post:At 16 weeks, Elizabeth had a serious bleed, and they told us it looked like she was going to have a miscarriage. We waited for things to get worse and for baby girl to show signs of regressing, but she never did. It still feels so surreal that she is here, but we can’t thank God enough that she made it. Welcome to the world, baby Summer. I pray we never lose sight of what an indescribable gift your existence is.
We were so excited and relieved about Summer's safe arrival. Elizabeth's mom was able to help with the first few weeks. I'll leave next week after my infusion to meet Summer and help for a week. I'll get to see my Chicago grandkids on my way home. I've had Courtney and her 2 kids in town. Kira visited earlier this month. It has been such a treat spending time with our grandchildren this summer.
I sleep really hard at night, but during the day I have enough energy to do the things I enjoy. I feel sustained by your prayers and acknowledge my Savior for watching over me. He knows the desires of my heart and is granting me strength to make memories and enjoy relationships. Thank you for your continued prayers.
I sleep really hard at night, but during the day I'm able to do most of the things that I enjoy. I feel sustained by the prayers and know that they are blessing me with the energy I was not expecting to have at this point of treatment. I feel like God is aware of my desires, and is granting me day to day strength to make memories and enjoy relationships. Thank you for your continued prayers.


No comments:
Post a Comment